- Crispy Kale Salad with Curried Almonds
- Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad
- Spicy Kale and Quinoa Salad with Sweet Corn, Avocado, and Black Beans
- Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Sesame Soy Soba Noodles with Chicken, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Edamame
- Quinoa and Whole Wheat Couscous Blend with Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
- Tasty Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Teriyaki Mushroom and Asparagus Quinoa
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots Recipe
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
I just threw this smoothie together to help wake me up on this gorgeous and sunny Friday morning. The portions aren’t exact but it’s roughly what I used. The result is a deliciously creamy blueberry smoothie. The blue and purple in the blueberries definitely seem to overpower the green in the spinach because even with all the spinach I added, the smoothie still turned out mostly purple. So even though you’re drinking a smoothie made with 2 big handfuls of spinach, it doesn’t look or taste like it at all! Spinach doesn’t have a strong flavor at all so I add it to most of my fruit smoothies and never taste it. I also like to add 100% pure egg whites 0%fat greek yogurt for a little protein kick.
Interesting facts about blueberries: Did you know that blueberries help neutralize free radicals which helps ward off disease and helps to keep your skin looking young and fresh? Blueberries also contain a high amount of antioxidants and a study done at the University of Michigan even suggests that blueberries may help reduce belly fat. Read more about the health benefits of blueberries here.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
♦1/2 cup frozen blueberries
♦ 1 ripe banana
♦4-6 frozen strawberries
♦1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
♦1 cup orange juice
♦1/3 cup 100% egg whites (I buy mine in a carton)
♦2 handfuls of fresh spinach
Here’s What You’ll Do:
Add the OJ to your blender then add the banana and frozen fruits. Add the yogurt & egg whites, then top it all off with the spinach. Blend for a while to break everything down and make sure the spinach is well blended.
Drink up and enjoy the healthy side of life!