- Crispy Kale Salad with Curried Almonds
- Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad
- Spicy Kale and Quinoa Salad with Sweet Corn, Avocado, and Black Beans
- Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Sesame Soy Soba Noodles with Chicken, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Edamame
- Quinoa and Whole Wheat Couscous Blend with Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
- Tasty Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Teriyaki Mushroom and Asparagus Quinoa
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots Recipe
Guiltless Vegan Ice Cream
GUILTLESS ICE CREAM!? You’re probably thinking this isn’t possible (unless you’re an avid pinner on pinterest…) but it is!
Don’t tell me this doesn’t look stuff-your-face-good.
This is banana ice cream, often found on pinterest. I gave this recipe a whirl and put my own spin on it. If you really hate bananas you probably won’t like this desert, BUT, it really doesn’t have a strong banana flavor so I urge you to try it if you love ice cream but really want to avoid the calories, fat, and sugar, not to mention all the other strange additives (who want’s to eat Xanthan gum anyway when it contains bacteria similar to rotting veggies [read more about that and other weird additives here]. No thanks!)
Enjoy your dessert guilt free on me!
Banana Maple Nut Ice Cream
What you’ll need:
♦3 overripe bananas (sliced into 1/4″ pieces and laid on parchment paper on a baking sheet to freeze until hard)
♦a handful of walnuts
♦all natural maple syrup
♦a tbs of pure vanilla extract
♦a baking sheet
♦ a food processor or high powered blender
What you’ll do:
1. Take the banana pieces out of the freezer and drop them into your food processor. Pulse until they are broken up into tiny pieces.
2. Add half the walnuts, the vanilla, and a dash of maple syrup, then pulse a few more times until blended smoothly.
3. Serve immediately or place in the freezer until ready to serve. Add remaining walnuts and a little extra maple syrup to top it off.